Taking light beyond
Welcome to the future of light
Imagine . . .
a world of beautifully illuminated indoor and outdoor spaces . . .
where every light point is connected to an intelligent system that delivers high-quality, reliable illumination . . .
and that serves as a pathway for information and services . . .
to deliver extraordinary value beyond illumination to the users and managers of spaces.
illumination + beyond
As leaders in the LED technology revolution, we create lighting systems that prioritize energy efficiency, sustainability, and operational cost reduction. We focus on improving the livability and effectiveness of indoor and outdoor environments, providing everything from functional general illumination to spectacular color-changing experiences that enhance your brand, encourage social interactions, and revitalize communities.
At Philips, we have the deep expertise and range of systems to transform your goals into effective lighting applications. You can count on us to understand your goals, and to help you specify and execute flawless solutions that ensure the ideal lighting for your specific lighting needs.
What makes a lighting system connected?
Luminaires are uniquely identified and seamlessly integrated into the IT network in a building or city, and share information about their status and operations.
Outfitted with integrated sensors, each luminaire becomes a point of intelligence that can share information on occupancy, activity patterns, changes in temperature or humidity, and daylight levels.
By integrating wireless communications into the lighting system, you can deliver location-based services and in-context information via mobile apps to people in illuminated spaces.
Connected lighting gives you greater customer insight, lets you deliver superior customer experience, creates personalized workspaces, and adds a layer of intelligence to the environment which responds and adapts to people’s preferences and needs.
With our sophisticated lighting management software, operators of spaces can monitor and manage the lighting system in real time.
You can store, visualize, and analyze historical information about luminaire performance.
One such system used for public outdoor spaces is CityTouch.
Connected lighting systems can integrate with other systems in a building or city, creating new synergies and efficiencies, and making lighting an integral part of the new digital ecology.
The benefits of connected lighting
- Save energy – Up to 80% savings over conventional lighting
- Personalize spaces – Enhance user comfort, productivity, and safety
- Transform environments – Create ambience and spectacle with targeted, dynamic light
- Track performance – Get real-time data on lighting system status and operations
- Optimize management – Remote, point-by-point lighting control, indoors and outdoors
- Connect with customers – Use online experiences to encourage in-store sales
- Streamline operations – Simplify workflows with end-to-end system integration
- Guide and inform – Deliver in-context information and services to people in illuminated spaces
- Gain deep insight – Use historical data and analysis to continually improve operations and experiences
- Integrate with other systems – Make your lighting system part of the digital ecology in your building or city
See what lighting systems can do…
For public spaces
Beautifully designed and intelligently managed public lighting helps communities prosper by revitalizing neighborhoods, attracting visitors, and giving tourists and residents alike a feeling of security. A comprehensive lighting plan can differentiate a city, making it a valued destination while helping . . .
For office and industry
Lighting in offices and industrial spaces has a profound effect on the well-being, productivity, and worker vitality. Effectively lit and attractive environments enhance your image, help you recruit and retain high-value employees, and increase the total value of your facility . . .